Friday, April 19, 2013

WoT forums security compromised - change your passwords ASAP!


WarGaming's security got compromised to an unknown extent few days ago. Now they, WarGaming, inform and advise us to change our account(s) password(s). Source.

As a part of usual security practices, we recently became aware that some personal information may have been compromised due to a security incident.  We immediately launched an investigation into the incident and can assure you that no financial information was accessed. However, we believe that some password hashes and email addresses were affected by the compromise. 
The security of your account is very important to us at Wargaming. As a precaution, we are launching a global campaign to increase the security of your account. Please reset your Wargaming ID account password using the account management page straight away. 
Note: If you have been using your old Wargaming ID password on other sites, we strongly recommend that you change those passwords too. We appreciate your immediate attention in resetting your password and apologise for the inconvenience.

 You will also get 300 gold for changing your password.


There is something I noticed right away:

Since I have already linked my phone number to my account, why this extra security feature isn't working?
It supposed to prevent this exact thing, someone cannot change my account password unless it gets validated by a SMS code I receive.

WHERE IS IT!?

I should've gotten an validation SMS code when I changed my password but I didn't, why?


I submitted a ticket to support and I will keep you informed with a reply.

Freaking WarGaming morons ....


Reply from support:

Nestor Menta Today at 18:43
Dear Tank Commander,
Thank you for contacting us.
Our Devs are currently investigating this issue and working to get it addressed as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Kind Regards,
Nestor Menta
EU Customer Service Team

1 comment:

  1. Retards? Yes. I also didn't receive a confirmation SMS ! I guess the 300 gold is just for the people who are...."ohhh,wow,i'll change my password right away!! 300 gold,omg omg" . I think they should give us at least 2500 gold,because the passwords from WoT can be also for the mail,for Facebook,for anything else. We don't care about their security incident, we care about the ammount of money they have and they still aren't able to provide basic safety for personal info!

    ReplyDelete